September 8, 2021
Today’s guest is Mia Francis-Poulin, who understands a thing or two about selling online and the internet marketing world today.
Words are Mia Francis-Poulin's jam.
She’s a conversion copywriter, boymom, and Parks and Rec enthusiast. Mia is the owner of The Copy Haus -a boutique copywriting agency for mission-focused, service-based businesses. Mia is on a mission to help her clients market their work authentically, ethically, and profitably.
She shares with us not only how NOT to bury the lead, but how to present what you’re offering in an ethical, human way that doesn’t raise cortisol levels and play on people’s fears and anxieties.
We talk about how when you do this, you actually give the agency BACK to your people to make an informed decision, and they end up as happier customers!
If you're tired of marketing your business they way they "tell you to" - this episode is for you!
We talk about:
- What Mia sees as broken in the online marketing arena
- How traditional internet marketing tactics increase stress, anxiety, and play into fears and traumas
- How to give the agency back to your people and allowing them to make informed decisions through genuine stories, connection, and vulnerability instead of a ticking countdown timer on your website
- Three marketing tactics you need to toss in the trash now
- How to re-engage with our people when our audience has gone quiet
- Best practices for ethical sales pages
- And how to be less sleazy overall when selling online
Connect with Mia:
Learn more about She Built This and join us in the VIP Group: www.shebuiltthis.org
August 25, 2021
Touching base this week, with a little heart-to-heart from me, your hostess!
I believe that managing our time comes from making it our friend first and keeping commitments to ourselves when it comes to what we spend our time doing.
In this week's episode, I'm sharing some of the strategies I've learned this past year in my efforts to:
- Turn down the volume on some of the stress and overwhelm in my life
- Maintain organization and productivity
- Put systems in place that work WITH my natural tendencies and strengths rather than against them
This is a compilation of the lessons learned over the past two years in running three businesses, managing two Facebook groups, social media for multiple clients, freelance projects, event planning, the podcast, a personal life, and more.
I share tips you can try out for yourself and experiment with around:
- Time auditing
- Reducing the number of emails you have
- Keeping and maintaining streaks
- Motivation and passion in getting started
- Accountability buddies
- And more!
I welcome your feedback and thoughts! Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links Mentioned in Episode:
Learn more about the VIP group: www.shebuiltthis.org
DEI Workshop: https://www.shebuiltthis.org/events/cultivatingequity
Recommendation for Professional Organizer: www.joannkrall.com
Thank you to the reviewer of the week: Mia and Steven!
Mia and Steven shared that the She Built This podcast is "inspiring". They stumbled on it not too long ago and are happy they did! "Great conversations, vibe, and mission."
August 11, 2021
Join Host, Emily Aborn in an interview with Vicki Mellon and Carly Storro, co-owners and the collaborative partnership behind Look Up LLC.
The mission and values of Look Up LLC closely align with She Built This. Look Up LLC seeks to celebrate the fullness of human diversity. Vicki and Carly highlight and opens up conversations around the different human qualities that are visible as well as those that are not visible. Their project is based on the fact that we are all very complex, often having many different and sometimes changing qualities.
We are all unique and we all deserve to be seen, heard, treated ,and represented equally and with full respect and dignity. Listening and learning and sharing…education is powerful. Look up, look around, and celebrate our differences!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Look Up LLC came to be
- The WHY behind their mission and vision
- Why these conversations are so important to be having NOW
- How they work together as co-owners
- How they give back
- How they started their business during the Covid 19 global pandemic and the challenges they faced in getting started
- How you can start TODAY creating and cultivating conversations that celebrate the fullness of human diversity
Look Up LLC Website
Look Up LLC Instagram
Look Up LLC Facebook Page
She Built This website and more info about upcoming workshops and the VIP group.
August 4, 2021
I completely forgot to sing "Ice Ice Baby" in this episode, but it would've been entirely appropriate because today we're going to be talking about...
Collaborations in business and how to stop, look and listen prior to taking the plunge.
In this episode, I cover:
- Why choosing collaborations is to be taken seriously for your business, brand, and your community members
- The questions and considerations to look at prior to collaborating
- How setting expectations and being clear from the get-go is the key to successful collaborations
- And more!
Link to Learn More about VIP: www.shebuiltthis.org
Link to Upcoming SBT Events: https://www.shebuiltthis.org/calendar-view
July 28, 2021
Do you consider yourself to be sensitive or an empath?
Growing a successful business, setting boundaries, and negotiations can be challenging for those who are empaths or sensitive individuals. In this episode, host Emily Aborn speaks with Hollis McGuire and Tammy Jordan who share their own experiences of being empaths, sensitive, and hypervigilant.
We talk about:
- Some of the unique challenges that business owners face when feeling the energy of others and their surroundings
- How these challenges can cause a ripple effect and impact personal life and relationships outside of the business
- The pros and gifts of being sensitive or an empath
- Strategies and tools to make work more effective and move with more ease through with these traits
About Hollis McGuire:
Hollis McGuire is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Business Advisor with a Master’s degree in Finance.
She’s worked with over 1000 businesses in every stage of development from idea to capital raise to maturity to exit, from pre-revenue to $150 million in annual sales. She has assisted clients in debt and capital raises of over $150 million dollars.
She is also an empath and a business intuitive.
About Tammy Jordan:
Tammy Jordan is the Founder and Chief Empowerment Officer of Leader Consulting Group. She’s an author, speaker, coach, and consultant in many things from HR, Organization Development, and personal development.
She works with business owners and executives in defining their unique culture, hiring and promoting the best talent, developing and training agile and authentic leaders and teams, and managing growth and change.
Links Mentioned: www.shebuiltthis.org (Learn more about and join us in the VIP group)
July 21, 2021
I met today's guest through VIP member, Sarah Guilliot. I began listening to her podcast and LOVE the content she puts on Instagram. One day, I shared in my Instagram stories about Jasmin's show and we were off to the races connecting!
In this episode, we’re talking all about vision, leaving a legacy, and determining what’s most important to YOU. What do YOU value? We all have to decide what's important to us and then live it. Right away!
In this episode, we cover:
- Focusing on long-term success and not just our current circumstances to push us towards our purpose
- How our lives and businesses are intertwined and how to bring those into greater alignment
- How Jasmin got started in the world of dentistry and became a business strategist
- How there were glimpses in her life all along and she's woven these together into what she's doing now
- What it means to build a legacy-driven business
- What you have to give up in order to scale and grow
- How creating boundaries and putting people-pleasing tendencies to rest are vital in preventing burnout
- And more!
Connect with Jasmin:
She Built This group info
Mike Clark - ClarkCreative Recording Studios info
Thanks to this week's She Built This podcast review of the week from Applesauce345:
“Quick-Witted and voice like buttah” "Relevant and uplifting topics sprinkling in light-hearted humor.”
July 14, 2021
Storytelling is an essential skill in business.
No matter what you do and what your position is in your company, storytelling in business will make you more compelling, engaging, and more persuasive.
Storytelling will make you better.
Join me in this week's She Built This podcast, featuring speaker, professional storyteller and author, Kindra Hall where we talk about:
- Why stories and storytelling are so important
- How to tap into the stories that are within you
- Four stories businesses need to be telling
- How to become more effective and compelling through storytelling
- All about her new book
- And more!
Today’s guest is Kindra Hall, a professional storyteller who teaches leaders, executives and entrepreneurs across countless industries to harness and leverage the power of their stories.
Her book, Stories that Stick debuted at #2 on the Wall Street Journal Bestseller List and Forbes said it “may be the most valuable business book you read." In 2020, she became the Chief Storytelling Officer of SUCCESS Magazine where she interviews icons like Deepak Chopra and Misty Copeland in an effort to hear and share their stories of success.
Kindra’s NEW book Choose Your Story Change Your Life is now available for pre-order - which she talks about in this episode.
Find Kindra and Connect with Her Online:
Kindra's Facebook Page