February 24, 2021
In this episode, I share a personal growth moment. Something that has been holding me back for awhile... in fact, ever since I started my business.
For years, people have been asking me what exactly it was that I do. I had three reasons for not telling them.
- Fear of not being good enough when putting myself out there
- Feeling like things needed to be PERFECT before putting myself out there, or that I needed to be 100% the expert in a given area
- Comparison to others, not wanting to step on other's toes, not wanting to do what others were doing. Fear that there were just too many people doing what I was doing.
The buck finally stopped for me this month, and I lived to tell the tale. In this episode, I share my story about how I got out of my own damn way and decided to stop holding myself back.
I hope this episode will encourage and inspire you to do the same because:
- Perfect doesn't exist
- Others need what you have to offer
- And no one does it the same way that you are doing it!
The train is now boarding to exit the comfort zone!
Learn more about the She Built This VIP group and hop aboard with us here: www.shebuiltthis.org
February 17, 2021
This month, in the She Built This VIP group, we are focusing on living with Passion and LOVE in regards to our businesses and lives! One topic that keeps popping up is one of Boundaries.
How do boundaries relate to having a business and life you love? Today's She Built This guest, Shannon Baker and I chat about just that!
Shannon Baker is the host of the More than Capable Mompreneur podcast and a business systems strategist who helps busy women with service-based businesses create systems to automate the time-consuming tasks required to run a business so they can work more efficiently and have more time for what matters most!
In her podcast, Shannon shares tips, strategies and conducts interviews to help busy women be more productive and use the mom cracks of time to get things done so they can find a balance that works for them without the mom guilt, can invest in themselves, and grow their business without burning out.
In today's episode, we cover:
- How Shannon got started
- How she learned about her passion by just BEGINNING
- How we all work differently and can use that to our advantage when structuring our lives and business
- How to unwed yourself from your inbox and all the other pings and pongs
- What to do if your plate is overfull…
- How to create and evaluate your boundaries
- How to set yourself up for success with your clients from the get-go.
Affiliate Link for the Passion Planner:
You can find out more and connect with Shannon HERE
February 10, 2021
The morning of July 4th, 2018 began like any other in Sadie Raymond's household. What Sadie and her family didn't know, however, was that by the end of the day the course of all of their lives, especially that of their teenage
son, Corbin would change forever.
After receiving a phone call that chilled her to the bone, Sadie rushed to the scene of a car accident alongside a forested road in their home state of New Hampshire.
There, she discovered that her son had been a passenger in a car that had collided with a tree and was on his way to the hospital via ambulance.
For 121 days, Corbin fought an arduous battle for his life in the Intensive Care Unit at Boston Children's Hospital and at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. New Englanders from across his home state and beyond declared themselves Corbin Strong. His family and friends found their strength and resilience in the face of adversity. And, through faith and love against all odds, Corbin won.
Meet NaughtyGood Bites Woman of the month, Sadie Raymond, who teaches us the power of being THANKFUL in all things and what that means to her.
Sadie Raymond is a single mother of four children: Corbin, Grace, Cohen, and Grayson. A lifelong resident of Boscawen, NH, Sadie is a graduate of Merrimack Valley High School and New Hampshire Technical Institute. Her greatest joy in life is being a mother.
Link to 121 Days website
Connect with Sadie and Corbin on Facebook
Connect with Sadie and Corbin on Instagram
February 3, 2021
Got questions about Instagram? Today's She Built This guest, Sue B. Zimmerman has answers.
Sue B. shares her backstory with us, how she got started, and:
- Clubhouse: Her thoughts on the new app and how she sees using it for her business
- Where you can find answers to her most commonly asked questions on Instagram
- Hashtags: The best way to research them, how many we should be using, and what to consider when using them.
- Followers: How she got 131K+ followers on Instagram
- Tagging strategies
- How to stand out visually on Instagram
- How she chose Instagram as the platform to focus on
- And more!
Sue B. is an insightful, energetic, and in-demand online marketing educator, influencer speaker, and a no-BS business coach. Sue B. is a popular CreativeLive Instructor and has been named by Huffington Post as one of the “Top 50 Must-Follow Women Entrepreneurs” as well as “The Top 50 Social Media Marketing Influencers” by TopRank Marketing, and “Top Female Business Influencers of 2019” by Fit Small Business. Sue’s blog was ranked as one of the Top 10 social media blogs in 2017 by Social Media Examiner.
Whether she’s taking a global stage, or speaking at an industry conference, like Social Media Marketing World, or working one-on-one with her clients, Sue B. is driven to help business owners leverage the power of Instagram to meet (and exceed) their business goals. As a lifelong entrepreneur, Sue B. has over 30 years of business experience. And, with her extensive knowledge and implementation of social media, it is Sue B.’s mission to teach, mentor, and empower others.
Connect with Sue on Instagram
January 27, 2021
Money! It's something many of us have a love / fear relationship with.
At She Built This, we always encourage you to follow your dreams and passions BUT... we also all have mouths to feed, bills to pay, and roofs to keep over our heads!
If you're not making money in your business, you have a hobby not a business. In this episode with Zen Money Strategist and CFO and the founder of the Zen Money Initiative®, Liz Lajoie, we are going to talk not only about bringin' in the Benjamins but also how to make the amount you want and that feels right to you, personally, professionally, and energetically.
We talk about:
- Liz's money story and what she has gone through in her own journey
- What you need to do to be prepared for the year to come with your finances
- How to best teach your kiddos about money
- What are the pros and cons to being both a Spender and a Saver
Find Liz at:
Liz's Books on Amazon
From Zero to Zen: Secret Keys to Nurturing Your Numbers and Finding Financial Flow and Zen Money Map: Charge Your Worth, Pay Yourself First, and Fund Your Wildest Dreams.
January 20, 2021
Today’s episode is a short and sweet and a little anecdote about my niece Annabel and the lesson I took away from it.
I have shared with you my holiday tradition of making Macaroons for the family and then bringing them to Christmas. This year, because we didn’t go visit our family in person, I made macaroons for everyone and shipped them with their presents.
A couple of weeks ago, my niece, Annabel, told her mom she wanted to FaceTime with me and when she got me on the phone she said, “Auntie Emily, I really liked those chocolate biscuits. Can we have some more?”
What did this simple request teach me? What can it teach YOU about sharing your voice and stepping up to ask for what you want and need?
Find out in today's podcast!
Link to learn more about the VIP group and MORE: www.shebuiltthis.org
January 6, 2021
In She Built This, we encourage you to not be scared of your big ideas and to chase your dreams, no matter how BIG they are! But... what do you do when someone decides to take your idea and tear it down in one way or another? What if someone calls your baby ugly!?
In this episode, I talk about:
- Why it's important to choose your inner circle wisely when it comes to sharing your ideas
- How you can take feedback as an opportunity to make your idea even better
- How to prepare your listener to understand your needs and goals PRIOR to sharing their feedback with you
- How you can use someone's doubting to create a list of why YOU CAN and SHOULD be building what you're building
- What I learned about what actually being vulnerable feels like
Connect with and Join us in the She Built This community at www.shebuiltthis.org
December 27, 2020
Join me in a special Sunday edition of the She Built This podcast, a lighthearted and positive interview with Dahlia Rizk of Buckle Me Baby Coats. This will be my last episode of 2020 and I so appreciate each and every one of you who have supported me and listened this past year!
In this episode:
Dahlia shares her WHY as well as all about her experience with the Sharks! The entire She Built This community was rooting her on and so of course, we thought it fitting to bring her on and tell us about it!
Here are the answers to YOUR audience questions.
Dahlia Rizk is a mom of three who wanted her kids to be safely buckled in the car seat in the wintertime but was too tired to wrestle her kid's winter coats off in the car seat One. More. Time. Frustrated with the struggle and refusing to choose between her children's warmth and their safety she invented a coat that can go on at home and stay on safely in the car seat. She lives with her three kids in snowy New Hampshire along with her two cats and a dog. By trade, she is a Licensed Mental Health Clinician who treats PTSD in her private practice and in her spare time she helps parents and caregivers with fast and easy car seat coats. Visit Dahlia's website HERE.
December 23, 2020
Is writing a book on your list of goals for the New Year or in the near future?
Join me in a conversation with Julie Anne Eason of Thanet House Books as she shares:
- Why writing a book is one of the best investments a person can make in their business
- Where to start when you have a million ideas
- How a super-busy business owner can find TIME to write a book
- Her number one piece of advice when it comes to writing a book
- How to use brain chemistry to get people addicted to your message, products, or services
- And More!
Julie Anne Eason has written dozens of books for prominent leaders in a wide variety of industries. She is also the author of The Profitable Business Author: How to Write a Book That Attracts Clients and Customers which lays out a proven system for writing, publishing, and marketing a lead-generating book for your business.
Get a FREE digital copy of Julie Anne's Book
Find Julie Anne on Facebook and LinkedIN
Learn more about the She Built This VIP Group